Happy National Grilling Month! With warmer weather in July, it is a great time to take advantage of grilling season. In your home, try grilling seasonal vegetables and lean proteins like chicken or fish. In the marketplace, look for grill features like house-made turkey burgers and sustainably caught seafood. Grilling can be a fun and healthy way to cook so enjoy all month long!
Skewers are also a great tool to use for the grill. Fire up the grill (or grill pan) and break out the skewers! We have 5 reasons why skewers fit into a healthy diet:
- Lean proteins, veggies, and alternative meats for a plant-forward diet are perfect for skewers.
- Portion control is easy when skewering.
- Grilling foods uses less oil than other cooking methods without compromising flavor or texture.
- Cutting your food into smaller pieces shortens the cooking time (so you have less time to snack while waiting for your meal.)
- Skewers are a great way to enjoy hands-on BBQ fun without the bun!
Tags: FIT, season’s best