If you ask us, one of the best parts about the holiday season are the delicious meals shared with loved ones. From holiday parties to family recipes to cookies for Santa, a lot of us stay busy in the kitchen during the cold winter months. And while we can all enjoy a treat or two, sometimes we want something healthy to add into the mix. Michelle Sadlowski, registered dietitian and wellness director for the Eastern Division shares a roasted cauliflower recipe that is sure to impress your guests.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Parsley Sauce and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ c tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ c water + more if needed to thin out the dressing
- 1c parsley, fresh
- 1 garlic clove
- Splash lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ c olive oil
- ¼ c pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 475F. Fill a large pot with about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Wash cauliflower, peel off the leaves and cut the stem off but keep the head intact. Place the head of cauliflower in the boiling water, stem side down, cover and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Lift the steamed cauliflower out of the pot and place on a lined baking sheet topped with a cooling rack. The cooling rack helps the heat circulate around the cauliflower. Top with 2Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp salt. Place in oven for 45-50 min until the top is golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the sauces. In a bowl, whisk the tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, maple syrup and water until it is a creamy drippy sauce. Add more water if needed. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the parsley sauce (parsley through olive oil) and blend until it forms a pesto-like consistency. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven. Place on a serving dish, and drizzle generously with the tahini sauce then the parsley sauce. Top with pomegranate seeds.